HUAWEI P40 LITE , NEW PHONE RELEASE IN MARKET
- Body: Front glass, plastic frame and back, 183g.
- Display: 6.4″ LTPS IPS LCD, 1,080 x 2,310px, 19:9 aspect ratio, 398ppi.
- Rear camera: Primary – 48MP, 26mm, f/1.8; PDAF; Ultrawide – 8MP, 13mm, fixed focus, f/2.4; Macro – 2MP, f/2.4, fixed focus; Depth sensor – 2MP. Video recording up to [email protected]
- Front camera: 16MP, f/2.0; fixed focus lens.
- OS/Software: Android 10, EMUI 10. No Google Services. Widevine CDM L3 support.
- Chipset: Kirin 810: octa-core CPU (2×2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×1.88 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G52 MP6 GPU.
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 128GB storage; NV card slot (hybrid).
- Battery: 4,200mAh, Huawei 40W SuperCharge.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0; NFC; USB-C, 3.5mm jack.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted)
- This phone has a four camera and in night its brightness.
- The good news about the Huawei P40 Lite software package – it is EMUI 10 based on Android 10 OS. The bad news – there are no Google Play Services or Play Store, not that this is a shocker nowadays. There is a silver lining though – unlike previous non-Google smartphones by Huawei, this one has Widevine CDM support, imagine our surprise!
The Huawei P40 Lite is a beauty both on the outside and inside. And some splash protection to keep the insides safe would have been thoughtful, but Huawei has never had that as a priority in the midrange. We do appreciate the fast charging capabilities and the colorful panels, and we can’t wait to unbox the P40 Lite. Let’s begin!
Unboxing the Huawei P40 Lite
Open retail box, and you will see the phone first. Underneath, you’ll find the 40W charger and a modified USB-C cable needed to make the 40W charging work.
Huawei also bundles a pair of headphones with a mic – cheap-looking, yes, but still better than none.