An HVAC technician installs, maintains, and repairs heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. HVAC is an abbreviation for “heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.” An alternative but less common abbreviation is HVACR.
Someone who works in this occupation might specialize in installation, or in maintenance and repair. Some technicians concentrate on only one type of system, either heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration, while others offer a broader range of services.
HVAC Technician Duties & Responsibilities
* Oversee installations.
* Troubleshoot and repair HVAC/R equipment.
* Apply local HVAC codes in a practical manner on each job.
* Provide excellent customer service.
* Provide technical support in the field.
* Layout, design, and install low-voltage wiring.
* Run after-hours calls as required.
error: Content is protected !!
Our goal is to remove educational or technical barriers 👋 that hinders a person's career growth